This month, Cloud Spectator, a benchmarking agency focused on cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), released their 2021 Cloud Performance Analysis. This report explored how 4 key cloud providers﹣AWS, Azure, GCP, and Expedient﹣stack up, by evaluating the CPU, Storage, and Database performance across multiple VM configurations. I am excited to share that the Expedient Enterprise Cloud was measured as the best value of all four clouds and, as you can see from the charts below, it really wasn’t even close.
While value is the most important metric for you and your business in most situations, it is not the most important criteria in every use case. This is why it is important to note that Expedient also came out on top in the study when it comes to every other measured category.
These benchmark results have the feeling of a true David and Goliath story. But what does it mean to you and your business?
- If you are running a steady-state operational backbone system (ERP, CRM, Policy systems, Ecommerce, etc) on virtual machines or containers, Expedient should be in the consideration set. The new orders per minute benchmark is the ideal comparison for these kinds of workloads and the results aren’t even close.
- If you are running ANY static workload, Enterprise cloud options like Expedient are going to be a better fit than hyperscale, as the architecture, design, and cost models to support static workloads versus highly variable workloads are fundamentally different. This also highlights the fact that one size does not fit all and that having a multi-cloud strategy where you proactively identify the best fit for each workload is really important to get the best value out of your overall cloud transformation.
- If you are running a database, particularly a large database, Expedient is a great option. Measuring queries per second and queries per second per dollar spent, Expedient is second to none.
We call our solution the Expedient Enterprise Cloud because it is architected and designed specifically to run your most important workloads in a cost-effective and performant way. These benchmarks from Cloud Spectator bear that out. But the value doesn’t stop at the benchmarks in the report. Beyond all this, Expedient Enterprise Cloud also comes with…
- 100% Uptime SLA
- Expedient CTRL cloud management services available for free on new Expedient workloads
- Migration into Expedient Enterprise Cloud included as part of service
- 24x7 help desk staffed by our local experts always there to answer your call
- No data transfer fees
- OpEx pricing that is normalized to minimize variability and ease consumption
- Familiar VMware environments so existing skillsets translate with minimal training
At Expedient, we believe that one size doesn’t fit all. For you to be successful, you need a multi-cloud strategy that assesses the needs of each individual workload, aligns those needs with the strategic business outcomes desired, and lays out a plan of action to get you into a cloud operating model as quickly as possible. To learn more about how to optimize your digital infrastructure across clouds, download the report.